POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Image : Re: Detail Image Server Time
1 May 2024 15:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail Image
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Oct 2004 15:41:58
Message: <41699086@news.povray.org>
In article <41698000@news.povray.org> , "Oleguer Vilella"
<ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote:

> I cut the black marge with Photoshop and when I put the file on the Internet
> it says me that the area is more than 1/25 of the main image area.
> What's the problem? Must I reduce the resolution of the image with Photoshop
> to arrive at the same resolution of the main image?

Please carefully read the rules and check out and also carefully read the
notes how to compute the detail image area on the sample page at
<http://www.povcomp.com/samples/>.  These two pages explain in great detail
how the detail image area is computed and what the requirements are.

The message you get tells you that the area you entered as the area of the
detail image within the main image exceeds 1/25 of the total area of the
main image. The area of the detail image is what you entered on the upload
page of the detail image, in pixel coordinates within the main image. This
has nothing to do with the size in pixels of the detail image.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde